From: superpat@gateway.net <superpat@gateway.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 2:03 AM
Subject: RC: Interesting item on eBay web site item#390351617: And Miles To
Go Arabian Horse Witez II

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390351617
>Item Description:
> This is a rare and long out of print book titled “And Miles To Go: The
Biography of a Great Arabian Horse, Witez II” by Linell Smith.  Published by
Little Brown in 1967 – this is a stated first edition.  Hardcover with dust
jacket, 237 pages.  From the dust jacket: “The great Arabian Horse Witez II
endured the hardships of the Second World War in Europe, then came to the
United States to found a dynasty to rival that of Man-O-War.  This is his
biography, told from actual sources in Europe and America.”  Includes
pedigree chart and listing of horses he sired.  This is a very hard to find
book in any condition.  That said, please be advised that this is a
well-read ex-library copy with the usual features of such a copy (plastic
covered and taped DJ, rubber stamps, Dewey sticker, card holder, etc.).
Binding is a little mushy – 2 or 3 pages have corner folds – DJ slightly
damaged at top of spine – general handling wear to edges, etc.  Not a
perfect copy by any means, but almost...