Re: RC: Strasser /natural hoof trims

In a message dated 7/25/00 3:58:09 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TddWil@aol.com
writes:

<< I have been looking over some info on natural hoof trims and the feet are
 shown trimmed symetrically (medially/laterally ?). If I have a horse that
 toes out a little in front he will not land flat if he is trimmed in this
 manner. He would need the outside trimmed down farther to land flat. This is
 the info I got from Dr. Waldron who videotaped the horse on a treadmill.
How
 do toed out wild horses wear their feet? I would think more would wear on
the
 outside, and the breakover would not be in the center. Any opinions?
 Everything else I have read so far on the natural hoof trims makes sense to
 me.

                                    Shelly in DE >>

You need to talk to Jaye Perry about this. I'll had his name to the recipient
list on this post so he's sure to see it when he gets back from California.

ti