From: guest@endurance.net [mailto:guest@endurance.net]
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2000 12:18 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: Power of Vets at rides?

Sharon Satterwhite ssatt44@hotmail
  At a recent ride, I saw something that disturbed me.  The lead two riders
in the fifty were over an hour ahead of horse #3 when they came into camp
for the hour lunch hold. The vets were
not happy with the riders pace, but, I got the feeling that there
was nothing they could do till they had cause to pull a horse.
They (the vets) were already saying that they bet that the BC
would come from the 5th-10th horses.  Sure enough, they
increased their lead on the second lap, resulting in a NC for one
horse and a barely pass for the other. Other than giving a
caution, is there nothing the vets could do?