Re:overweight an issue?

 Carol kamikazearabs@hotmail.com  wrote:
............. By the way, Sandy, that was really rude what you wrote about
 overweight people.

This reminds me of a bru ha ha which was started when George Morris, top
 jumper clinician who writes a column in Practical Horseman made the comment
 something to the effect that it is the rider's responsibility to be as fit
as possible to aid the horse. He mentioned weight as one of the factors to
consider. For months following that comment, there was a flurry of letters
 to the editor about the cruel and rude statements made by George Morris.
The
 bottom line, I think, was that George was only calling it as he saw it. And
who can dispute the fact that weight *is* one factor to be considered when
talking about challenging our horses to go the extra mile. Lord knows I
would like to lose a few pounds and can appreciate how difficult it is, but
 that does not change the reality that is. Of course, it also helps to learn
to be a light rider, no matter your weight. Sandy did not name anyone in
particular but "if the shoe fits, wear it". If that is rude, so be it.
 But I don't see it that way. Truth is still truth, no matter who may read
it.
 Pat Super