Re: Endurance and Dressage

> Endurance and dressage/eventing are very compatible, in fact I
>believe doing both improves both.  My horse sure is a lot more fit than the
>others I saw at the event (to be fair, consider the level).  Hehe.

Denny Emerson recommends endurance training to his eventors to help get
their horses fit and strong.  At the ARIA convention last year, he said
that he thought he knew about fitness in the horse and the rider until he
rode his first 100!  He rode it on a borrowed horse...the horse was
conditioned for the miles but he wasn't -- he made it but had some emphatic
comments about his comfort level at the end!! <g>  He was definitely
impressed at the level of fitness required for both the horse and the
rider!  He has the greatest respect for endurance riders and said he
recommends endurance conditioning cross-training to his students.

Sue

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.