Re: RC: IVs at Tevis

In a message dated 7/24/00 4:45:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jdowis@foothill.net writes:

<<  Although the ride started 15 minutes
 later than usual, the majority of the riders were into Robinson Flat more
 than 15 minutes earlier than usual.  At least, that is what preliminary data
 appears to indicate.  >>

The trail is definitely different from Robie to Squaw versus previous years.
I'm wondering if it is maybe a bit shorter than estimated?  Which would
'splain the difference in arrival times at Robinson Flat.  Of course, AFTER
Robinson Flat things change a bit too (like the leg to Pacific Slab Mine) so
maybe that evens the mileage out?  I'm still with all those people who think
we did 106 miles this year versus 100!  I'd like to know if we can have those
miles back next year? <BG>  Like can we just do 94 miles?  (yeah right!)

Sylvia (its worth a shot)