Re: RC: Tevis IVs and metabolic pulls

In a message dated 7/24/00 11:28:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Onefarmgirl@aol.com writes:

<< We desperately need the research being proposed and conducted by Tom
Ivers,
 Barney Fleming, Susan Garlinghouse, and others.    My own opinion is that it
 is premature to implement any possible 'solutions' because we just don't
have
 enough information.   We ALL need to think about realistic ways to gather
 better, useable data about how to predict/prevent metabolic crises in our
 endurance athletes.

 pat farmer

One problem: academic research will never get the job done. No funding, no
real innovation there. Instead, it's things like Susan is doing, and like
those of you who are doing little pieces of "field research" that accumulates
here on our mutual database, our "knowledgebase". We can do our own research,
and fund it ourselves.

ti