Re: RC: jugular

In a message dated 7/24/00 9:35:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ribbitttreefrog@yahoo.com writes:

<< Question: If your horse has been on an IV for an extended
 period of time, say 24 - 48 hours, and you were to be going
 through a pre-ride vet check, would the jugular
 refill/reflex be poorer in that vein? Would you want to ask
 the vet to use the other side to get a more accurate
 portrayal of the jugular refill? >>

Not likely. At least, with a single IV. Unless an accident has happened or an
infection has occurred. But then, I'm not really qualified to answer this
question. The big problems I see occur with repeated jugular
treatments--takes a while, typically.

ti