Re: RC: Re: where to live?

I used to live there, and wouldn't recommend Vegas as a place to live, but
the desert has an eery beauty to it.  I can't say most of the state is any
worse than the California desert, most of New Mexico, or most of Arizona,
or even Utah.  If you get up in the middle of the state, there are some
really pretty places up in the mountains - I remember this one place with
snow-capped mountains, and a pretty stream running through it - all green -
you could hardly believe that you had desert outside the valley.  It was
about right in the middle of the state.  In the year and a half I was
there, I don't remember any earthquakes I noticed - read about some in the
paper, but they were dinky.

I also used to enjoy seeing the wild horses and burros out there.

BTW, legal prostitution isn't all bad - all the women get regular health
exams, they don't spread AIDS, and the rape rate dropped by 1/2 after they
made it legal.  Not that I was ever a client, but if people are going to do
that (and they will), it may as well be regulated, and done in a safe
environment.  I also view prostitution as a far lesser evil than rape.
I've known too many women I cared about who got attacked, and don't want
anyone to have to suffer that horror.  My $0.02, and the last I'm going to
say on this issue.

We now live in Washington, and it's a nice place - though awfully wet in
the winter.  We don't have any poisonous snakes west of the Cascades, nor
have I run into any horse-eating people (or any people-eating horses).  We
do have earthquakes, though.  Can't say I met any horse-eating people in
Nevada, either...  Met a bunch of pretty weird folks, and have a lot of
stories from that place...

After having lived in Florida, Georgia, Nevada and Washington, I find them
all to have really beautiful things, lots of stuff to grumble about
(Florida is too hot, and swamps are nasty, and the alligators might think
your horse is lunch, Georgia is too hot, and the mountains aren't very big,
Nevada is too dry, and Washington is too wet, and a bit chilly), so it
depends on whether you're looking for the cool stuff (springs and beaches
and great seafood in Florida, rolling green hills in Georgia with old, worn
mountains covered with trees, stunning bare, rocky mountains, wild horses
and really amazing sunsets in Nevada, or big, huge cedars and craggy
mountains with snow up here), or things to grumble about.  I think I could
probably live just about anywhere as long as I had enough water and pasture
to keep the horses.

At 10:22 PM 1/22/00 -0700, Kirsten Price wrote:
>You forgot prostitutes and tarantulas (although I think tarantulas are kinda
>cool).
>
>Kirsten (ex-Nevadan)
>
>Kirsten Price
>splash@dakotacom.net
>Tucson, AZ
>

>> Not Nevada - it's a horrible place full of snakes, earthquakes and the
>> natives that eat horses - you definitely wouldn't want to move there   :-)
>>
>> Valerie

David LeBlanc
dleblanc@mindspring.com