Re: RC: horse jobs

Dear Renee
I agree with Angie. Make your money in other fields---then have fun with
horses. I have two of my stallion's offspring with 2 world champions,
and two more are at Red Shield with Donna Snyder-Smith involved with at
least one of them and I have a horse most likely going to Italy and I
still don't make a living with breeding and I personally do not know of
anyone in the business who does not supplement their breeding business
with outside income. Am I wrong here, breeders? At least not here in CA
where hay costs are high as is real estate. As I told my client who
asked a group of us at Los Alamitos what kind of return may he expect on
his investment. I said "Return! Return? Ted, just consider yourself a
Patron of the Arts!" The trainers at the table--many very well-known,
burst out laughing and said "You've hit it on the head, Bette. We've
wondered what to call ourselves and this is it! Patrons of the Arts!"
Does that give you a clue?
Best of luck to you in your horse endeavors and if you can get paid
enough to support your habit, consider yourself very fortunate indeed!
Bette

--
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov