RC: Fwd: RC: Stallion behavior whipping and Sporthorse classes

In a message dated 1/18/00 8:20:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
MTo9831816@aol.com writes:

<< .then  I took them in the
 halter...oh my God!!! Those poor horses, of course the judge didn't even
look
 at me cause my horses wern't on their toes, streched out and didn't have
that
 look of total fear...never again. I show my horses, one, just to do it and
 two it gets them used to going places...I will never step into a rated show
 again except for Sporthorse and Dressage...

 I saw theses "trainers" getting their horses ready for their classes, where
 is a humane officer when you need one? >>
Indeed - and yet many show people will tell you that unless you are part of
the solution you must be part of the problem. what could be further form the
truth! The reasons sited ehre are why we do not attend rated shows anymore.
The ATTITUDE at all levels that ALLOWs and REWARDS this kidn of 'training' is
something we choose not to be associated with. So - how to make a difference?
Have enough $$ to pay MORe to trainers who DON'T abuse. Kind of puts the onus
back on the owners too doesn't it? well if trainers weren't being paid well
to produce the 30 day Wonder Horse by whatever means, they wouldn't overwhelm
the show ring.

In the end, the system itself rewards it by placing these poor beasts - and
indeed, as I haev said before - sigh! - the system ALSO supports the "Good
Ol' Boy" system where today's JUDGE will be showing under today's TRAINER who
is next weeks JUDGE! Sick.