RC: Not much Confidence

Denise,

Who sold you this horse and why?  I'm a bit of a matchmaker when it comes
to horses and people.  Many people brag that I've sold them these GREAT
horses, but guess what?  I bought the same horses cheap from people who
thought they were junk.  Am I a great trainer?  No.  I matchmake.  Sounds
to me like someone sold you the wrong horse.

I'm living my dream.  I'm one of those people you talked about.  I'm on
the right horse for me.  Not the right horse for you.  My niece started
riding this fall.  She's having a great time.  She didn't pay any dues.
I put her on a horse that was right for her level of experience and she
went straight to the good part.  I don't know how old you are, but if you
have a pacemaker, I'm assuming you're not young.  Don't waste time.

You're not doing the horse a favor by keeping him.  I think that a horse
is the equivalent of a kid walking through the woods at night.  If a
grownup who is not afraid is with them, they're brave.  If you get a
scared kid and another scared kid together walking through the woods in
the dark, they just feed off each other's fear.  You're scared because
Cayenne acts up.  He senses you're scared and believes that there's
something scarey here.  Get yourself a horse at least 12 years old who in
a sense rolls his eyes and says, "There's nothing out there, will you
calm down?" >g<

  These horses are available.  Riders compete on them, find out that
they'll never be top 10, but are good competitors at the middle of the
pack, and they do come up for sale.  Buy one.  It's time to skip to the
good stuff.  Put a brave rider (or one young and dumb enough to feel
invincible) on your horse and they'll have a ball.  You're not doing him
a favor by keeping him.

I'm off  my soap box now.  If I've read the situation wrong, excuse the
rant, but I see people who are suffering all the time, simply because
somebody wanted to make a sale more than they wanted to make a match.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.