RC: Stallion behavior

I took a tip from John Lyons with my stud who is very well behaved...wants to
be mouthy but knows better.... when he would try to get mouthy, he must think
he is going to die... John Lyons says you can kill him for 3 seconds with a
whip below the knees...I scream hollar and whip then I put the whip down and
admit him back into the herd (pet him) and it has worked like a charm...I
think I had to do that twice, he will look at something and I just say annnt.
and he stops.  You might think that this would make the horse shy of you but
you HAVE to be alpha...Epic comes when I call him...he never shys away from
me...I was at a friends and was letting Epic run in their arena...picked up
the milk jug of rocks that they use to make their horses run and started
shaking it and Epic ran up to me and sniffed it...I place it on his head
shaking it the whole time...if you are consistant in your training your horse
will feel comfortable around you, what ever the circumstances...mona