RC: How do you quiet a donkey?

I have the cutest miniature baby donkey that moved in very close to my
master bedroom ( at least it sounds that way) and it goes of at all
hours.  I am not getting much sleep with this alarm clock going off at
least once an hour after 12 midnight.   I  want to approach my neighbor
with some suggestions (rather than just complaining) as to how we might
resolve this little problem, and help the youngin to sleep through the
night... I  have been waiting for an idea for about 6 months- All I have
come up with so far is some type of collar that will shock the animal.
So, here is where all your expert advice comes in...Help with ideas
please
Thanks
Kandhy Franklin- sleepless in Crest