RC: Re: Re: BRAND INSPECTION IN CALIFORNIA (long)

Put an ad in the local paper.  If that does not work.. take him to the
auction or place an ad to sell him.  Some papers have a free area for those
kind of ads.  BTW, most horses are no longer branded due to cosmetic
concerns.  I have gone to auctions here in Tx that occasionally have a horse
that is branded but not very many.  Arabians used to freeze brand and now
some use the microchip.  Just some FYI.  Back in 81-82 when I crossed many
state lines, only WA had a requirement to stop with livestock.  Had gotten
the livestock paper in Denver, so was not a problem.. but due to the 60 mph
winds and rain, it was a very short inspection.