Re: RC: Re: Horses requiring vet care at Tevis

Fact: when I left  Robinson Flat, at 11:30 am, 210 horses of 259
entered had been through the vet check.  Two, and only two were on
IVs.  Last year at this approximate time, about 7 horses were on
fluids.

Fact #2: Jamie Kerr, head vet, mentioned to me at Michigan Bluff that
the vets were suprised by a bunch of back-of-the pack myositis at RF.

My opinion is that the bulk of entrants were properly prepared and
conditioned, that some people just had bad luck as can happen at any
endurance ride, and that others weren't ready for the degree of
difficulty of THIS ride.

Lynne