full porta pottys

Sue Jessen SJess1@aol.com
I have been reading the archives about Tevis and all the things that had happened.  When I read the one about Porta's I just had to write.
You don't know the meaning of "FULL" until this happens to you.
A few years ago I was doing Tevis, some where along the trail one of my water bottles was filled with bad water (no, not off the ground, but that is another story). I was a little ways from Fransicos when I started to get real sick. I finally made it in and the EMTs (great people) took me off my horse and put me in a chair to keep an eye on me, while they figured how to get me out of there.
About every 30 minutes or so I would crawl, yes really crawl to the porta to "throw up" (sorry, I know gross).  I had to keep my "eyes closed" as the "glare" from a glow bar that some helpful person had tossed into the "hole" was blinding me!!!!!
Now that is FULL.  Do you know how hard it is to be "sick" while holding your breath and being blinded all at the same time???
During all this my great mare, Ginger, stood patiently, eating waiting for me to get with it. Now that is a true soul mate! It is a truly sad state when a great horse has to put up with a wimpy rider!
We did do it again the next year and finished!!  I just had to write this "now we can laugh" story.
Sue Jessen and Ginger "wipe off your face mom and lets go"