Cougar Rock Training (totally tongue in cheek :)

In a message dated 7/21/00 6:02:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
kathy_mayeda@atce.com writes:

<< But as crazy as all of the stuff that happens at the Tevis, I still want
 to do it, and get my photo on Cougar Rock!

Repeat after me:  "Go around the rock"  Go around the rock.  Go around the
rock.  If you still insist on going over Cougar Rock here are some training
tips:  First practice hanging low over your horse's neck and screaming "Oh my
God I'm gonna die!".  You'd better get him used to all the yelling, or he'll
spook at an inopportune moment.   Then take him to one of those rock walls
that climbers use to practice (my kids love those things).  Paint 3 arrows on
it, have one going at an impossible right angle turn.  There's Cougar Rock.
Whatever you do, get that last right hand turn down pat.  If you can't get
the hang of that RH turn, practice free falling.  If you really want that
picture I can send you one that you can digitally superimpose your own
picture onto (after all, all those grey Arabs look alike right?)

Sylvia :))