dilema

Confused cotouchme@hotmail.com
I'm hoping I can get some opinions on what to do... I was riding a friend's horse with another person riding my horse. We stopped for a while and dismounted. My friend's horse got into a potentially dangerous situation, but came out of it with no injuries. Now my friend is upset with me. My dilemma is this: I wasn't the one that put the horse in the dangerous situation, but I should have noticed it, and I feel responsible. I would like to tell my friend that I was not the person that endangered the horse, but I don't want to sound like I am passing the buck. The other person involved is not an experienced horse person - so I am still responsible - but I would like to let my friend know that I would never again let something like this happen... :-(