Feeding the the checks

Susan G wrote:
>But the short answer suggestion would be soaked beet pulp mixed with a
>little grain, plus whatever hay/grass you can get into him.

Hay cubes, soaked, work well too if your horse doesn't "do" beet pulp.
And don't forget those carrots and apples! Fling also
developed a taste for honey and oat Granola bars that
I carried for myself on the trail...
As someone else said-basically anything you can get them to eat,
though I would limit or eliminate the high fat feed and
go easy (no more than one lb or so) on the sweet feed,
for reasons hashed over many times already on this forum.
Also get them used to all of the goodies you plan to
offer at checks BEFORE the ride!

Sarah and Fling (who gets her soaked cubes every day at home)