Randy Bullock

Debbie Bullis abullis@rica.net
I have some unfortunate news to pass on to those of you who may have known Randy.  Randy passed away very unexpectedly a week ago Wednesday, July 12 in his sleep from a massive heart attack.  Randy was Julie Bullock's brother who had just recently gotten into endurance and was an avid reader/lurker of ridecamp.  I believe he responded to several of you out there offering various tidbits of information. Randy was not only Julie's brother, but one of her strongest supporters and fans in her quest for the World Team when she was longlisted.  Having crewed along side of him for Julie, I discovered a very gentle man who cared deeply for his friends both human and equine.  Randy went above and beyond when he could to help out total strangers.  AT the Old Dominion this year, a young woman came up 5 minutes before the start of the 50 looking for someone to get her stuff to the vet checks.  Again, Randy rose to the occasion and not only got her stuff there, but crewed for her the entire day.  This is just one little piece of insight for you all to know what an incredibly great person he was.  He will be sorely missed by his friends and family.  Please pass on to Julie your condolences at middleriver@juno.com, I know she would really appreciate it.  Her brother was the closest family she had.  Thanks,  I know how much he enjoyed reading ridecamp!  We talked about it all the time!  deb