Bandit Springs

Our fledgling endurance contingent from Washington had a great weekend!!
The four of us (Beth, Aarene, Kadi, and myself) were very impressed with
the ride, the organizers and volunteers (especially Cole), the ridecamp,
and the trails (which had great footing and were very well marked.)  The
trip was long, but we all agreed was worth every mile to get there.

This was a great way for the junior on our team to start in this sport.
Kadi (age 15) rode her *first competition* on Darby, my 10yo Arab/Welsh
mare (who was at only her 2nd ride) and did an awesome job!  She rode VERY
well and kept Darby under good control and made her mind her manners.  She
was impressive in her very enthusiastic (and very thoughtful) approach to
everything around her and her *continuous* ear-to-ear smile (commented on
by the vet after he called her name during the BC awards...after which Kadi
was literally bouncing in her chair!!)  She was obviously having a great
time!!  She commented repeatedly on how wonderful the people were and how
much fun this sport was...and that she was "so totally hooked".  Her first
words to her mother, upon arriving back at my place, were "I have to get
another horse!"  <cringe...but BG>  (She has a 3yo Friesien mare at home
that she's raised and trained from a baby (done a good job) but realizes
that Styx is not good endurance prospect...good for her other interest tho,
which is dressage.)  I'm beginning to really appreciate the addictive
quality of this sport!!!

Anyway...thanks to all who helped make this a awesome experience for our
new junior!  You'll be seeing more of this talented kid!

And thanks to everyone there from the rest of us greenhorns (who also had a
fabulous weekend!)  We all finished well with horses that could have gone
and done it again...and who were obviously having a good time also. ;-)
Thanks also to our completely green crew -- Jim, Aarene's friend and Becky,
Beth's sister -- you would never have known neither had been exposed to
this sport before since they did a star job!

What a great sport!!

Sue (who is very guilty of "exclamation point abuse" this morning. ;-))

sbrown@wamedes.com
Tyee Farm
Marysville, Wa.