RC: pasture renovation/weed killers

Barb Peck bpeck@together.net
Barb Peck
bpeck@together.net

Hi:

For weed control, we use the tractor and brush-hog
attachment, and cut the weeds before they go to seed.
In our part of the country, that means mowing late
May and late July or early August.
Buttercup, NY aster, Milkweed, Burdock, goldenrod/rag weed
all mature and grow at different rates.. it's easier just
mowing them. I use a DR. Trimmer under the fence line.

There are less and less weeds every year doing this
(although there're always some).

But.. alot of weed seed just blows in, so what ever you do
will probably have to be repeated yearly.

Barb