Eh-uh....how about VETS????

Okay, okay!  We all the have the eternal farrier-finding-coping with-in
love and hate-with stories "nailed" into our horse-obsessed souls - - an
eternal horse-owner's problem, but how about finding a vet???   Or, more
aptly, putting up with the ONLY VET for many miles around when stuck in
them thar hills?  And add another layer to that problem of NOT having a
trailer!!!  And you think YOU have it rough?  Ever hear of The Book of
Job?  (bible)  ... well I feel like I've been thrown into the role of Job
lately.  Every imaginable life  problem thrown at me recently and I'm
supposed to rise up smiling????!!!!  And now this vet problem ....

In these here hills.... life is good (I mean BAD to the bone)!  Vet #2 of
only 2 horse vets (who was a spin-off of vet #1) has moved on up the
ladder to a probably more lucrative, less stressful job.... up to a
podium, i.e. teaching at the university level hereabouts.  And this was a
female vet "princess", who, on a bad day, threw a real hissy fit when my
extension cord just wouldn't reach far enough to suit her, so, of course,
she violently threw the cord into the stream (under the bridge that she
was situated on)!!  And that's before she did NOT even say hello yet
after arrival time!!!!  The type that looks at a supplement and says ....
"Get rid of it!"  (ABC supps) . . . a read "broad-minded" type.  Harumph!
 So now it's back to Vet #1 (a man, who, I believe, NEVER says hello to
anyone when passing them by, even, I would guess, when stuck on an island
alone with them, AND, who said the most incredible thing a horse vet
could possibly say to flunk marketing 101 class:  "Women are SOOO
emotional about their horses!".....  who has 2 side-kicks - one seems new
and maybe okay, the other seems to be more amused by sitting around all
day at horse shows head-down in the truck doing intense book-reading and
never looking up.  Actually, in defense of him, he IS a good vet - just a
difficult personality for me to deal with.    So... what to do????  Any
good vets out there that want to move this way????  Any friendly, smiling
ones?  Who cares if you don't know the cure for all problems! (partly
kidding, partly serious here.)  To heck with dating services, how about
vet-client-matching services??  Almost as hard as finding a saddle that
fits or a farrier that fits the horse and client!

So, suffice it to say to all you outsiders, just don't complain when you
have many vets to choose from - there must be one bearable one in your
area, right?

Choiceless-in-the-hills-Karen
Hey, how about taking up a collection for giving me a trailer to get to
YOUR perfect vet!!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.