Dead HORSE is ALIVE!!!!

    Western States ride  horse over CLIFF is  ALive and SOUND and SOUND and
Safe back in Auburn .   THE  Search party of Denise Thorton horse , came up
a very happy finding.  We headed out of auburn with the horses owner and
trainer, dale Peterson, David Putman, and  Steve Elliott .   Arrived in
Deadwood at 5: 30, 24 hours after last time horse was seen,   was  Told
horse was hung up against a tree over a cliff about 100 feet down, 1 mile
down trial from Deadwod Vet Check toward The Spring,  Knowing the Trail
very well, we went down trial with the owner that was in tears and very
upset of the accident.  We were going down there to find out if this horse
was dead or alive and if in to bad of shape weregoing to put in down.   I
was told this horse was Dead from some else last seeing this horse. Anyway
we were  Ready to find out for our selfs and wernt going to except rummers.
So we continued down the Trail   looking all the time for a horse laying on
its side,  and then there he wasi spooted a horse Wille Standing on all
fours and very healthy looking 70 ft bellow us. Wille was standing on his
own pirch he made on an edge of a cliff, he had originally falling off a 85
degree drop of and acully landed 30 below where we found him. You can see
the old marks against the only tree that stopped him from going down to no
return.  We traversed the hill side to reach willie  brought in  water ,
Hes was in good shape slight Dehidrated and small scaped on his legs no
swelling. We  knew we had a healty horse , so we used all are heads and
took time to hydrate the horse to make sure he could pull himself out.
Willie also had a snake under his feet that he killed while he was waiting
for help.  We made  a side trail with our feet and  knew we had only one
try at it or it was a Helecoppter lift out.  So David Putman and the horse
and crew person , i forget her name, walked Willie out we his own power and
up to theTrail back to Deadwood.  this was close to dark so we had to get
him out of the cliff area.  Back to Deadwood had Plenty of left over hay
and watermelon from the ride. got 5 gallons of water in him and gatorade,
that all we had left    Willie was ready to go on he would not stop from
wanting to walk. The Trailer was in by 9: 30 driven by bill Pryor. The
Owner very emotional and happy and thankfull of our help.  The  horse was
trailered to Dale Petersons House for Rest and Recovery  today Denise was
going to take the Horse to Lommis Basin Vet for a safe check up.     A
happy ending for a So Called Dead horse, Meaning dont give up till you see
it yourself.  And just like the other too many rummers  We need to get the
facts right and support one another, these are accidents,  Bye for now im
still tried from a long weekend at the Tevis. Also want to thank the Radio
Com for all ther help we coulnt hae been able to get out with a cell and
make this Rescue a success.   Steve  Elliott