Reactorpanel saddle

Hi Ridecamp

Not wishing to annoy or upset anyone over this saddle but I bought one about
a year and a half ago and rode in it for about 9 months. My horse eventually
got terrible rubs/pressure points the exact shape of the discs that fit
between the panel and the saddle. Eventually these rubs progressed to
weeping sores, the edges of the panels (near the spine) which move also
rubbed and caused sores. I had to stop using the saddle because it was
causing my horse extreme back pain.

It was quite a blow because the saddle itself was extremely comfortable for
me the rider. Initially my horse went very well in it because of the moving
panels and the additional shoulder movement that gives. But the saddle gave
my horse an extremely sore back. I haven't used the saddle for 6 months and
it's sitting in the tack room waiting for me to do something with it.

I live in the UK and I bought my saddle direct from Roe Richardson who have
since gone out of business and are now not contactable on the phone here.

I'd be interested to hear if anyone else out there has had similar problems
with this saddle. I've talked to several people in the UK that had the same
trouble I had.

Bye

Annette