Health Certificates

K S SWIGART   katswig@earthlink.net

In order to discover the correct paperwork I need to get from
where I am to where I want to go, I contact my vet. Since he is
the one who is going to have to issue the paperwork anyway, he
considers it his responsibility to get it right (after all it
is HIS name on the certificate).

I have yet to find a vet that doesn't know the phone number
(frequently by heart) of state departments of Agriculture, and
is more than willing to contact them to ensure that they issue
the paperwork correctly.

What is more important...is getting back :), so be sure to ask
the vet who is issuing the paperwork for you to check the return
trip requirements too, as they may not be the same.

Then, even if your vet doesn't get it right (a possibility),
you can do what I do and play 'dumb blond,' hand them the envelope
from the vet's office with all the paperwork in it and say, "My
vet told me that this was all I needed."

MY vet has then, gotten calls from Montana border agents berating
them for not having the right paperwork, and the office then
takes care of it by faxing the right thing/s to them.

kat
Orange County, Calif.