Re: RC: need feedback on tendon injuries

In a message dated 7/14/00 5:58:18 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rides2far@juno.com writes:

>  I keep
>  hearing about people getting them right back out there in 6 weeks, etc.

I to have seen this with some of the top riders. But, I started thinking
about it and compared the more agressive top rider with the high profile
professional athletes.  I have watched many a basketball game to watch a
player injured and think "Oh,  he's out for the season."  Lo and behold the
guy is right back in the game the next week. What did he do differently? He
had the best of all the alternative therapys and some of the best physicians
on staff! If you ask Tom Ivers, he will tell you about some great thngs he
has done on the track to get a horse going again, of course, you don't know
how long the horse held out, but ti got the horse to the next race which is
what the owner wanted. Conversely, when I was in polo, we had no special
therapys, if a horse had a problem we just turned then out for 6 months to a
year depending on the problem. Our ponies held up better than most.  So if
you want to fast track your progress remember it is still a risk and as Angie
says "6 months is nothing compared to starting over."

JMHO,
Jackie Baker