Re: RE: Re: Purina Complete Advantage

Subject: RC: RE: Re: Purina Complete Advantage

> I thought I saw on the package that it is a complete feed.  I searched the
> website  (incidently Purina Mills is being reorganized under Chapter 11),
> the website is being reconstructed so I called to confirm.  They said that
> it WAS a complete feed and that the roughage was beet pulp.
>
> I heard that some places in Europe feed beet pulp in lieu of hay.
>
> At any rate, I feed Complete Advantage as a supplement only myself.
>
> K.

When you look at the stuff, does it look like sweet feed?  Do it have added
molasses?

reason I ask, seems the majority of Purina feeds seem to be high on
molasses, except for the
Horse Chow, which is ALFALFA based.

Complete Advantage and Purina Athlete seem to be the only feed I would be
remotely interested, and I can do better by buying bags of beet pulp;
vegetable oils, and the much cheaper cost-wise Manna-pro feeds I can get at
Walmart for $5 a bag (they have complete pellets based on grass hays, and
complete pellets based on alfalfa hays, a nice sweet feed for occasions that
is more grain and pellets than really sweet, Manna senior, etc., etc.

And.......here is a question I have always wanted to ask.............their
dog foods are "grocery store"
quality (so so), and not the quality of Iams, or Science Diet, so why would
their bagged horse foods be anything much to rave about?

What I seem to end up doing these days is bags and bags of beet pulp, then
added a 10% protein manna-pro pellet, maybe some manna senior, maybe some of
their 'sweet feed" called Wagon train; salt, veg. oil, and something like
Select II or Accell.  Other thing I didn't like about the Purina feeds is
that so many of them were too high on the protein scale for me.

Karen