California trip

Annie Lovell alovell@dial.devon-cc.gov.uk
Hi All
We are English endurance riders and are coming to LA 4th Aug 1800 hours and hope to maybe visit Grand Canyon and Yosemite National Park, Death Valley before catching the Swanton Pacific ride on the 12th Aug. We will explore a bit around San Francisco and return to LA and leave 10.00 hours 20th August. We would love to be able to explore on horseback wherever possible. Could anyone suggest a good interesting route from LA, we'll hire a car and try to find places to stay on route. We may be trying to do too much so advice appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Rob and Annie Lovell, Kingswear, Dartmouth, Devon, UK