From: guest@endurance.net [mailto:guest@endurance.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2000 8:12 PM
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC: RE: Re: Putting weight on extremely finicky horse

Tamara Woodcock twoodcock@lendleaserei.com
I haven't tried lots of vinegar.  That has promise.  I've put some vinegar
in the water tubs in the stalls to help against algae.  How much did you
find to be helpful?

And for beer, any particular brand?  : )  Me personally, I think most
"American" beers should just be poured right pack into the horse they came
out of anyway, so this sounds like a good use for the leftover Coors from
the 4th of July cook-out!  With my luck and Roo's finicky-ness, he would
probably only drink Guiness Stout.

Seriously though, how much beer would you add?

-Tamara
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I
tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because
I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." Robert A.
Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistriss.
http://www.mindspring.com/~nis75p06/
nis75p06@mindspring.com
twoodcock@lendleaserei.com
AOL Instant Messenger: Conthesis
ICQ: 49294214

"Snodgrass, Bonnie" <snodgrab@ncr.disa.mil>
I had one horse that very much disliked molasses and sweet things but really
craved sour things. Have noticed that several horses I've had like sour like
lemon and vinegar. My current two really love the vinegar they get. I've
also experienced horses that dislike oil on their feed. I found it was much
more palatable if you premix it into bran, let it completely absorb in
before feeding. I would think that the coconut oil sold by
http://www.uckele.com/equine.asp. Sounds good any way. One of the best
tricks I learned at the race track was using beer. Lots of young fillies
don't eat sufficient grain once they are at the track so you have to find
what they will crave. For many horses that thing is beer. Feed a little
grain with a little beer, it may take a week before they're hooked but
eventually they will eat anything you pour beer on if they do decide they
like it.