quest and wormers

just my comments on this wormer.
after using it once on my gang - all went well with everyone BUT Omni -
he got hives - lots of them all over the place - very hot a bit bigger
then bee stings.  this occurred within less then 24 hrs

all the others were ok - even the older ones as in 26/28

i called ft dodge - no help no advise  no call back from a vet.

they suggested it was a quirk.

so - the fool i am - did it again.
all were fine but Omni - this time the hives were BIG welts and was he
sore..
i gave antihistamines.  he looked ok in about 24 hrs.

never have nor will use it again.
called ft dodge same carp run around and no call from a vet

called FDA  - part of my query into strongid-c issues.. and quest

i dont have his name - but he personally hates the stuff - says it it
dangerous and should be off the market. it is not the worm kill he
really worries about but the drug and the carrier.

the next time omni get it - it will probably kill him - he is allergic
to something..

what ticked off the FDA - Vet Ph.D. - was that ft dodge did not follow
up. he recommends not to use it   there are other safer wormers that
work very well.

i have used the safeguard 2 time dose for 5 days, he said this is very
safe and does the job well --
it is not dosage sensitive as is quest. the margin of error in quest  is
about 100 pnds

i use strongid-c  with 2 hits of ivermectim per year - i use the cattle
liquid ivomec on the feed, and now i will use the safeguard - panacur
treatment 2 times per year also
i bought the big cow tubes - same stuff cost about $34 from jeffers
does one 1000 pnd horse with some left over..

what does not work - natural wormers with diatimatous earth DE.. guess i
am too polluted here. when i tried to take the 'drug' wormers away they
got really messed up.

just thought while this thread was alive again  - i would repost my 2
times personal experiences with quest.

roger