From: Carlson, Jeff <ranger2@net-magic.net>
To: Tracey <tracey@tbt.co.za>
Cc: ridecamp@endurance.net <ridecamp@endurance.net>
Date: Tuesday, July 11, 2000 1:25 PM
Subject: Re: TRAINING ON THE BEACH

ÿþ
    Hi Tracey
training on the beach is great conditioning as long as you work them up to it slowly.  takes several years to really get them used to deep sand.
we live in S. Georgia and have no hills, only flat boring sandy dirt roads.   I trailer to the beach in the summer to get out of the bugs in the woods here.  We go about 10 miles,at 8-10 mph, alternating between hard packed and deep sand.   If your horses arent used to deep sand be very careful- maybe the first few months just walk for 1/2 hr and no more.

happy riding!
Anita Carlson