Re: RC: deworming program

Shelly and all

This was interesting stuff - it makes sense to me that the problems with
Quest would be due to a large kill off of susceptible worms.   All my horses
really bloomed once I added it in to my program, but I got pretty worried
once I started reading some of the horror stories.

Does anyone know of any problems with Quest when it is given to horses who
have received it previously w/o any trouble?  i.e. is it only the first dose
which is worrisome?

Also, I noted that the regimens you described said to worm with Panacur,
including some 5 day episodes, but I was confused about the recommended
dosing.   In the rotations which have previously been described on this list,
the 5 day panacur is at double dose for the horse's weight.   Is your point
about accurate dosages for the horses wt meaning NOT to double dose on the 5
day plan?

thanks again for posting; always good to have new opinions to consider

pat farmer