RE: hill practice without hills

Tivers@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/7/00 6:56:10 PM Pacific Daylight Time, TddWil writes:
>
> << One of these days I'm going to have a huge mound of dirt and rocks dumped
> in the backyard so I can prep for Old Dominion.
>
>                                             Shelly >>
>
> There you are! Wolfgang, how many reps do you think? Hmm, a 50' mound of
> rock? I'd say 50 repetitions would be an initial target.
>
> ti

Wow, 50' mound of rock - sounds like Cougar Rock!!! No, 50' mound of dirt and
rock seems to be what a local farmer has in his backyard - it's where the
rooster calls from at 5 am.
50 reps as a warm-up, another 150 reps to reach 200 bpm and 50 reps to warm
down. After two weeks like this (one day interval, the other day LSD - 50 times
around the mound on the left hand, 50 rounds on the right hand) your horse
should be able to jump over the mound.

Wolfgang (preparing a horse for the WEC)
Germany