Riding for health

To Ridecamp:

The May 1, 2000 Edition of U.S. News and World Report has an article on the library that Thomas Jefferson built in the 1800s.  I would like to share a quote with you.

"'The Whole Works of That Excellent Practical Physician, Dr. Thomas Sydenham' contains a remedy Jefferson heartily endorsed.  To cure chronic ills, England's Dr. Sydenham prescribed __trips on trotting horses__.  'I began to ride 2 or 3 hours every day,' Jefferson wrote a friend while president. 'It was some time before the effect was sensible, because it takes time...but in about a year I was completely cured, & am now perfectly well.  "Go thou & and do so likewise."'"

So the next time your spouse, mother, father, sibling, friend, whoever, starts complaining about your training rides, or your endurance rides, tell them you're just following the advice of Thomas Jefferson and are riding for your health.  :)

Cheers,
April
adlee@bigfoot.com
Phnom Penh, Cambodia