Re: RC: Will our team win with one of our best out of the picture?

In a message dated 7/8/00 9:41:48 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Merryben@aol.com
writes:

<< I have not ever been nor will I ever be in contention but even I know that
 you don't vaccinate your horses for anything within a certain time limit
 before shipping overseas.  I really don't see that USET made the
 mistake.. >>

The issue here is not a certain time limit, but a vaccine that causes a titre
that France will not accept, period.  Some vaccines will still have
detectable titres several years after vaccination--it all depends on the
individual horse and the particular vaccine.

I'm not specifically familiar with VEE and its vaccine titres, but in
general, for many diseases, it is not possible to differentiate between a
vaccine titre and a disease titre, so ANY titre may not be acceptable to
countries where the disease does not exist.  For other diseases, the
difference CAN be detected.  I sure don't have all the answers on this
particular problem, but just wanted to clarify that the problem is the
vaccine itself, NOT the time frame in which it was administered.

Heidi