RC: Will our team win with one of our best out of the picture?

 In a message dated 07/08/2000 12:03:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
guest@endurance.net writes:

 << We force our best horse/rider teams to pay their own way, get their own
information, and struggle to get oversees while the rest of the world
celebrates their champions!  Are we small or what???? >>

 Raechel:

 You've jumped to some uninformed conclusions here and need to settle down a
bit.  I don't know the whole story regarding Karen and a possible dilemma
with vaccinations, but most of the statements you have made are inflammatory
and simply not true.  Since 1994, USET has fully sponsored and informed all
off continent horse/rider participants.  USET fully funds each horse and
rider, including every last detail and every expense associated with the trip
and competition.

 Every arrangement involving overseas travel is planned and executed by the
USET.
 How do I know this?  I've been there as a member of the first USET sponsored
World Championship team.  Soapboxes are fun to step up on when you're fully
informed and know what you're talking about.  But when you aren't, be
careful.  I'm sure I won't be the only one to jump in here.  Let's wait and
see how this scenario plays out.  I feel confident that every stone will be
overturned to make sure all team members selected will represent the US as
planned.

 Debi Gordon