Re: RC: RC: Re: LD and BC

First, spend a little money to have your clinic flyer professionally
done by a graphic designer. It will give you more credibility and make
you look professional. No one wants to get involved in anything that
looks fly-by-night.

Little or no cash outlay:
Tell or send flyers to local vets and farriers. Post flyers in tack,
horse supply and feed stores. Go to local horse clubs and ask for a spot
in their meeting to talk about it. Go to training barns and talk to the
instructors, flyer in hand, of course. (Some will be receptive, most
probably won't, but it's worth a try if you have the time.) But, most of
all, TALK to people. Network. Clerks at stores, anyone associated with
the horse biz. Stand in the IAHA booth at Equine Affaire or Equitania
type shows and hand out flyers (show management will boot you out if you
just stand in the aisle). Put flyers in anyone's booth who will let you.
Go door to door to horse farms (you really shouldn't put them in
mailboxes).

Involving cash outlay:
Advertise in a regional horse "newpaper" (have your graphic designer
send the flyer graphics). Send flyers to the horse farms in the area —
you can usually purchase mailing lists by zip code from stores or horse
publications. If you can convince them to support your cause (maybe for
a sponsorship listing?) you might be able to get the mailing list for
free. (Don't be tempted to use the mailing list more than once — you'd
be amazed how quickly they go out of date.)

Ideas involving more time, planning and $$:
Develop a partnership with a trainer or other clinician where you
support their cause if they support yours. Consider paying something to
have your flyer added as an "outsert" to a feed store sale announcement.
Same for publications.

I'm an idea hamster when it comes to promotions. If ya got money, I got
more ideas.....

Hope these helped spark something.

Deanna (Ohio)