[Fwd: RC: Yosemite - Bad News]

Mr. Reynolds,

I am forwarding a note that I posted previously in connection with an
email discussion about the situation for horsemen in Yosemite.

My wife and I live in the Auburn, CA, area and have used the campgrounds
mentioned over a number of years. We both, in our early riding years,
first learned to love the wilderness on horseback, having ridden the
mules from the Valley stables up to Nevada Falls and back.

Please give some weight in your planning to the generations of young
people who may yet experience the joy of their first ride in a place as
wonderful as Yosemite.

Richard Goodwin and Natalie Arnold

--
Natalie's Barn & Breakfast  http://www.natbarn.com  1-877-NATBARN

---- Begin included message ----
Vallonelee@aol.com wrote:

> There are no local residents, the use of private horses by
> non-residents is unlikely (Would you haul your horse to Yosemite?).

Actually, *YES*.  Many, many horsefolk trailer in to Yosemite from all
over California and elsewhere every year.

There are two wonderful horsecamps still available, albeit none on the
Valley floor. One is Bridalveil horsecamp, a short ride from the top of
Bridalveil Falls, on the south rim of the valley.  The other is Tuolumne
Meadows horsecamp, on the Tioga pass road, to the north.

One can ride good trails to the Valley Floor from either of these camps.
It's an all-day trip, down and back.  Having the stables in operation as
they once were would provide a margin of safety for mounted day visitors
who might need a safe place to corral an injured horse on short notice.

/richard

--
Natalie's Barn & Breakfast  http://www.natbarn.com  1-877-NATBARN

---- End included message ----