LD and BC

Tamara Woodcock nis75p06@mindspring.com
Exactly why do we have to put a stop to racing at LD rides by creating more rules (read barriers) to and for competition?

I don't think we can assume that everyone just starting is in need of hand holding.  Some people will naturally be better prepared for this competition than others.  This does not mean that the level of competition need be toned down so that the unprepared can finish with perfect ease and perfect form.  This might be considered cruel and unusual, but I firmly believe in people taking care of and responsibility for themselves and their horses.

Exactly how many past riders have needed the kind of limiting being discussed?  How many would truly have benefited from being so coddled?  I'm betting very few.

I'm also betting that not listing placings for LD has absolutely no impact what so ever on the pace of the riders and the same for not giving BC.

Saddling the riding population with additional rules intended by well meaning experts can only stifle the spirit of the sport.

-Tamara Woodcock

PS I'ts okay to respond to the list if you want, I get ridecamp at home.