Re: RC: Re: LD and BC

I have to admit that my knowledge before I started riding endurance was
quite limited. I wasn't totally ignorant...I knew some about conditioning
(I spent the whole year and half the summer of the next before going to a
ride just conditioning) but I knew nothing of what to expect really.  At
first the two sets of rules (comp vs. endurance) really confused
me........can I sponge NOW?  That's why I gravitated to LD and endurance
(yes, I named them separately).  I can do just about whatever I need to do
for me and my horse.  However, I did several (and still will do) the comp
rides.  In fact, I am enjoying the 25s back to back and feel they will help
us hit our peak when/if we get to do a fifty this year.  I know there is a
lot of controversy over LDs (here we go again!) but as a rider, I must say
that it costs me much more money to do 2 25s than one 50 and I would
appreciate it if all the rides were judged the same.  As far as BC goes.  I
don't have any answers about stopping "racing" at LD rides.  Except for
pulse down finish times, they are basically the same as endurance rides
(rule wise), are they not?  But if I top ten and if I win a BC, I do care
if it counts to year end awards or points or whatever.  That doesn't make
me a bad person or someone who is endangering their horse.  LD has its
purpose in our sport.  I am not a "career" LD rider but I enjoy riding
them.....wish we had some 30-35 mile LD rides in Michigan but it's not so
here.  Anyway, just my 2 cents which isn't worth a plugged nickel anyway!
:)

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.