Re: RC: seeing Tevis

> Sharon sharonmt@pacbell.net
> Hi,
> I'm going to be vacationing at Tahoe next week (during Tevis). Can
> someone advise me as to places and what times of day one could see
> part of Tevis?

The Ride is a bit hard to view as a spectator.  Your best bet would be
to drive in to Robie Park and watch the vet-in, 11am to 5pm, on Friday,
July 14th.  (Driving directions from I-80 at Truckee are on the Tevis
website at http://www.foothill.net/tevis/trail/ROBIEPRK.HTM )

Second best:  On Saturday morning about 6:30am, you could stand by the
side of Highway 89, a half mile or so east of the Squaw Valley entrance,
and watch the riders pass under the bridge and head up the hill along
the trail that runs behind the Lodge at Squaw Creek.  (The Ride route no
longer passes through the Squaw Valley floor.)  This is not a
recommended observation point, as there are few safe places to pull off
the roadway in that area.

The third option is even worse.  You could hike up the mountain from the
floor of Squaw Valley to the High Camp trot-thru location, which is at
the top of where the tram would take you if it ran that early in the
morning.  Start your climb around 5am. It will take about an hour and a
half, maybe two hours to get up there if you are in good shape.
Gorgeous view, though.

All in all, the best way to see the Tevis is to ride it. :)

/richard, teviswebguy

--
Natalie's Barn & Breakfast  http://www.natbarn.com  1-877-NATBARN