Re: RC: 3rd Loop Blues?

O> > I did 2 LDs in 1997, 35 and 25 and one this May, a 25.

Are you sure it's *all* the horse?  For years I got the 3rd loop blues.
I just lost my momentum, and I knew I had 25 more miles to go.  The horse
didn't know.  I can look at my old ride cards and I'd go 10 mph. the
first loop (just riding the tide), 7.5 the 2nd, 5 mph the third and 7.5
the fourth...EVERY ride. I think the horse had to be catching my
excitement the last loop or why would he have picked up?  If your horse
senses your lack of desire to leave, he may think that you'll fall for
his suggestion to turn back.  Set yourself a reasonable goal for how fast
you want to do the third loop.  Forget the fourth.  Leave that check with
the drive in your mind to get back on time. Naturally if something made
you need to slow down your plans would change, but if all systems are go,
try to hold your planned pace and see if your resolve doesn't rub off on
your horse.

Angie

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.