Laura and Gary/Oakland Hills

Kirsten Berntsen kb@legato.com
I wanted to say thank you to Laura and Gary for putting on a great
ride, Kathy Campbell and the trail riders association and vets for
all of their help.  Despite the accident it was a wonderful day.
Great weather, smiling vets, good company and good food.

I had the unfortunate expierence of passing through the single track
where multiple people were helping the horse and rider down in the ravine.
It was a long fall. I offered assistance, but given the narrowness
of the trail and the fact there 7 people were there with 3-4 horses
blocking trail, hikers trying to pass, other horses coming up from
behind; they wanted the area kept as clear as possible.  After I walked by,
all I could do was lean down on my horses neck and hug her.
A few yards out we saw Laura, Claude(vet) and others come around
the corner.  When we stopped at the water, I met the two hikers
that heard him down the hill, calling for help.
They were not sure what had happened. There were many hikers out
walking on that stretch of trail, he was lucky they were able to
assist him.

I thank you again for putting on a wonderful ride with great people.

Kirsten & Pizzazz