Re: RC: LD and BC (also Oakland comments)

I actually think for many new riders the proper place to start is competitive
trail riding, rather than LD's. It is easier to train the horse to rate, the
rides are usually smaller so less confusion and the pace is slower.

For experienced horse persons then the LD is a fine place to start, but some
people need to get grounded first and CTR is a good way to do that. The LD is a
"training ride" for people coming into endurance. Many people might benefit
from  training before they do an LD.  And of course over time the LD has evolved
to be more than a training ride. I don't think you will be able to turn the
clock back.

Truman

--
Truman Prevatt
Brooksville, FL

Mystic "The Horse from Hell" Storm
Buck's Mystic Karma
Rocket a.k.a. Mr. Misty
Jordy a.k.a. Bridger (when he is good)
Danson Flame - Hot Dog I'm healed and ready to go.

http://www.mrsl.com