Re: RC: 25 mile ride

BMcCrary27@aol.com writes:

<< If you want to take the racing out of the 25 milers, don't even mention
time
  at the awards meeting, only place riders considering their horse's
  condition. >>

 At our Limited Distance ride of 30 miles, we do not mention rider time at
 all.

we have never been to a ride where times were mentioned for LD.
.  As for placing
 related to horses' condition, we don't do that because it is too time
 consuming to calculate condition for 40+ horses.  Neither do we give a BC
 award, for the same reason. >>
I think if we are to encourage the very best care of the horse, BC at any
distance is appropriate, and frankly much desired around here. I for one am
really appreciative of the RMs who take the time - and of course the vets as
well - to recognize exellence in care at any level. As someone else said,
"these are training rides" - so let's train everyone to be quality,
care-taking horse men and women.s