Re: 25 Mile Ride

Here's what I did at Cougar Prowl.  I announced the "winners" in random
order, I praised them on their good judgment and riding ability, and I
announced the BC scores.  I know vet scores don't really mean diddly in a 25
mile ride...most horses are looking very good..not much difference...yes,
some whined about announcing placing, BUT I had a big poster that all could
see that gave ride times, so they could see where they placed in relation to
others.  Often I announce them in time order, just because that is the way
it is listed on my sheets.   We give very nice completion awards, but NO
other awards for LD except juniors and BC.
Louise Burton
Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
Oklahoma
http://pages.prodigy.net/firedancefarms