Re: Nature of Endurance Riding/Racing

doesn't have to have anything to do with endurance...a women, her  husband
and a couple of friends were riding on one of Glacier Park trails last
summer...these were experienced horsemen..all long time members of back
country horsemen...she got off her horse at one point to take a
picture...the trail was narrow...but there was a three foot high, wide,
stone "wall" between them and the 2000 ft drop---for some reason at the
moment she turned away from her horse to take a picture he decided to lay
down...perhaps he had an itch he just had to take care of...he instantly
realized laying down was a bad idea and in his scramble to get back up..lost
his balance taking the women with him over the retaining wall...end of
story.  ..there are people in the world who live like prisoners in their
houses because they are scared to death of all the horrible things that
could happen to them if they venture out the door...then there are those
"crazies" like sky divers and bungie jumpers and ECO challenge maniacs who
seek out as much challenge and danger as they possible can....I get my
"living on the edge" fix any more by driving around without my seat belt on
:>) Everything is sooo relative...Do unto other as you would have them do
unto you is a great saying...especially when we apply is to every living
thing...but that is relative also---if I were a horse would I want some one
to ride me 100 miles?? By all means.. if I was in prime condition and
spoiled rotten...:>))...would I want to be kept in a 12 by 12 stall most of
my days...and made to trot around and around in circles for hours on
end..NOPE...but that's just me (as a horse)...if Ti were a horse he would
probably like very much to be one of the Budweiser horses!! Now that I have
completely gotten off track.. I will sign off---Happy fourth of July
everyone....!