horse incident at Oakland Hills

Hi all,
    Before we leap to conclusions, let's have some facts.  The rider/horse were camped right next to us and the horse was in full view Sat. evening, night and Sun. morning.  It looked tired but that really was about all.  The ride manager came over to check on the horse early Sun. morning and we left about 9.  At that time the horse was definitely standing on all 4s.  I can't say what happened after that.
    I do know that ride management and park personnel as well as vets and lots of other people spent a lot of time and energy helping that horse.  They certainly richly deserve the rider's gratitude.  I am in no position to say whether wrong was done to the horse by the rider and/or whether he deserves "punishment" for his actions but if there is no AERC mechanism for investigating alleged incidents of dangerous horsemanship perhaps it is up to us as members to suggest to our Board that such a procedure be developed.
Cheers, Laney